Treatment That Fits Your Life
Clear aligner therapy is a great treatment option for those patients who would like to avoid having braces. Dr. Buttenbaum works with Align Technologies to provide Invisalign clear aligner treatment for patients throughout Paoli.
Certified when Invisalign was first released into private practice, Dr. Buttenbaum has been creating smiles for patients with Invisalign aligners for nearly 20 years!
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a treatment method that uses removable, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic aligners that easily slip over your teeth. Aligners are worn in stages, with each stage worn over a two-week period of time. As patients progress through the stages, teeth are gradually moved into their final positions.
Why Choose Invisalign
- Effective -Invisalign as a treatment method has developed significantly over the past 20 years, and in most situations is equally effective as braces.
- Esthetic -Manufactured of virtually clear plastic, those around you won’t know you’re on your way to a great smile.
- Comfortable -No brackets or wires, just smooth plastic.
- No Emergencies -No loose brackets or poking wires.
- Convenient -Appointments at 8-10 week intervals or longer if necessary. Perfect for patients with busy travel schedules, college students, etc.
- Removable -No need to change your lifestyle or daily routine. Enjoy the foods and drinks you love. Participate in your favorite activities. Remove your aligners for special occasions or for professional reasons.
The Invisalign Process
As with all treatments, the process begins with an initial examination. You will meet with Dr. Buttenbaum and he will determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign. At your first visit, we will gather your initial diagnostic information, including two X-rays, a series of photos, and a 3D intraoral scan to generate computer models of your teeth.
When you’re ready to proceed with treatment, Dr. Buttenbaum will submit your diagnostic records to Invisalign and work with the technicians to develop your treatment. The technicians will build a computer model of how your teeth will move throughout the course of treatment.
Finally, Dr. Buttenbaum will review the computer model to make sure your treatment will go according to his plan. Once the computer model is approved, aligners will be manufactured, and when they arrive in the office you’re ready to go!
When it comes to Invisalign treatment, there’s a lot to consider. Most Invisalign patients at Buttenbaum Orthodontics enjoy shorter check-ups, fewer appointments, better oral hygiene, and fewer emergency visits.
However, the system's biggest pro can also be a con - the ability to remove the aligners. Your cooperation is essential, whether you have braces or Invisalign.
Since braces are attached to your teeth, they do the heavy lifting to keep your treatment progressing. With Invisalign, you need to do a little extra work during your treatment so your trays can complete your treatment efficiently.
Like with traditional metal braces, Dr. Buttenbaum recommends wearing a retainer after your Invisalign treatment to maintain your new alignment and your confident new smile.