Meet Your Paoli Orthodontist
Known by his patients as “Dr. B”, Dr. Raymond S. Buttenbaum believes that “A Great Smile Can Change Your Life”. His commitment to providing excellent orthodontic care is evident in the smiles of his patients. Dr. B takes pride in listening to what’s important to his patients and makes sure everyone has fun along the way.
With over 20 years in private practice, Dr. B’s experience, caring approach and dedication to the quality of treatment have earned him a trusted reputation in the community. Recognized by Main Line Media News, Dr. B has received the Reader’s Choice Award for “Best Orthodontist” eleven years in a row.
Why an Orthodontist in Paoli?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Buttenbaum continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Buttenbaum has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Paoli Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Paoli orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Paoli orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Buttenbaum Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Paoli area.